Landowners must obtain prior permission from the Conservation Commission before work of any kind (e.g. tree or brush removal or trimming, vegetation removal or cutting, lawn expansion, soil grading and construction) is conducted in a Wetland Resource Area, 25-foot No Disturb Zone (NDZ), Buffer Zone, Riverfront Area, or Conservation Restriction.
1. Use the following form to describe:
2. You will be asked below to upload a sketch map indicating the location of the proposed trees for removal and the Jurisdictional Area (i.e., Wetland Resource Area, 25-foot NDZ, Buffer Zone, Riverfront Area or Conservation Restriction).
3. After submitting this form, flag the trees proposed for removal in preparation for a site visit from a member from the Conservation Office. Staff will reach out within one week of receiving this application. You do not need to be present for the site visit.
4. Do not proceed with the tree removal until the Conservation Office has issued approval for the tree removal.
Questions may be directed to the Conservation Office at 781-786-5068 or email@example.com
Read the full Tree Removal Policy for details on the permit approval process. This policy applies to natural or landscaped areas within Conservation jurisdiction. Landscaped areas are comprised predominantly of lawn or landscaping shrubs. Natural areas are predominantly naturally occurring vegetation.
Additional information on the tree removal process, including a description of Jurisdictional Areas and mitigation requirements is detailed on the Tree Removal Process web page.
In which of the following areas are you requesting to remove trees? Find the following corresponding section to add details.
Please provide an answer for the nine questions below, if the proposed work falls within this jurisdictional area.
Below, you will be asked to upload a sketch map of the trees proposed for removal in the jurisdictional area. The sketch must show the following:
You can access a map of the property on the Town's MapsOnline GIS Program. A MapsOnline User Guide (PDF) is available to help acquaint yourself with the program..
You will also be asked to upload a mitigation plan for a proposed tree removal, if required due to size or location.
Follow the directions above before uploading the sketch map of the proposed location of tree removal.
The Native Plant Mitigation Plan form can be downloaded and filled out for inclusion in your application. Guidelines can be found below.
I would like to request a waiver for any required mitigation planting due to the following reason:
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field