Construction Update - November 4th
Access to Town Center businesses is supported and monitored, as "Businesses are Open" is a critical directive given to the project team by the planning committee. So, grab some lunch and enjoy the fall weather on the Town Green or get your holiday shopping done early.
DRIVE SLOWLY & follow road signs
There are two construction crews working in the area; one daytime and one at night. Traffic priorities are given to emergency vehicles and school buses crossing through the area.
NIGHT WORK UNDERWAY, as well as day work
There are three construction crews working in the area: two daytime and one at night. Traffic priorities are given to emergency vehicles and school buses crossing through the area.
- Crew 1: (daytime) - See Fiske Lane Detour
- preparing utility ductbank and manholes (Concord Road to Fiske Lane)
- anticipate hammering of ledge
- crews prepping night work with goal of finishing work between Center Street and Concord Road before holiday shopping season
- Crew 2: (nighttime)
- installing utility duct banks in Boston Post Road (Center Street to Concord Road)
- work hours are 7:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
- access to businesses remains until their closing hours
- noise mitigation plan in place
- either police detail or detours will be placed
- Crew 3: (daytime) - Town House Road detour back in use
- miscellaneous work and paving in the Boston Post Road/Church Street vicinity
are online: what duct banks and manholes look like; Church Street work; and, aerial views.
As of October 26, and since the start of the project in June, the contractor has focused on installing underground infrastructure including drainage, water services, utility manholes, and utility duct banks. The contractor has substantially completed the installation of drainage work:
- 25 of 30 catch basins
- 19 of 20 drain manholes
- 5 of 5 water quality units
- 2,400 linear feet of 2,800 linear feet of drain pipe installed;
The contractor has substantially completed the installation of water work:
- 19 of 22 water services relayed
- 200 feet of water main at Boston Post Road and Center Street installed
The contractor’s construction schedule calls for completing the installation of the primary utility duct banks by the end of the calendar year (construction season no. 1). Week 1 of night work resulted in 170-linear feet over schedule duct bank install.
Currently the Town has installed electrical and telecommunication conduits in Church Street and Boston Post Road from School Street to Center Street:
- 37 of 69 utility manholes installed:
- 16 of 27 Eversource
- 13 of 17 Verizon
- 6 of 21 Comcast
- 4 Town Fiber
- 7,100 linear feet of 18,000 linear feet of primary ductbank conduit installed:
- 1,500 feet of 4,000 feet of Eversource
- 2,100 feet of 5,400 feet of Verizon
- 1,900 feet of 4,700 feet of Comcast
- 1,600 of 3,900 feet of Town Fiber
Anticipated Work & Hours
Day work will begin at 7:00 a.m. and generally conclude around 3:00 p.m., though some days may go a bit longer. Anticipate site set up to occur prior to 7:00 a.m.
The night work will begin at 7:30 p.m. with crew set up and will conclude at 5:30 a.m. Access to businesses remains until their closing hours.
Refer to the "Three-week Look Ahead" document below for anticipated upcoming work. This document is updated weekly.
For insight into work during the month of October, refer to the "Anticipated Work Activity" documents.
Town House Road Detour
When the Town House Road Detour is in place, the one-way direction of Town House Road is reversed (from Church St. to BPR) during construction work hours (as needed) as crews continue utility manholes and duct banks in the Town Green vicinity.
- Boston Post Road in the Town Green vicinity will accommodate vehicles heading east
- Vehicles heading west in this vicinity will be detoured up Church Street and directed onto Town House Road to access Boston Post Road (at Knox Park) west-bound
- Eastbound traffic needing to access Town House Road will be directed up Church Street
- Southbound traffic, from Church Street (and Conant Road), will be directed onto Town House Road
- The one-way direction change is during construction work hours only
- Town Hall is open (M - Th 8 - 5 pm; F 8 - 1:30 p.m.)
- Watch for posted signs indicating "one-way," "do not enter," and "detour"
- DRIVE SLOWLY ON TOWN HOUSE ROAD - watch for signs, cars, children accessing the playground, and pedestrians accessing Town Hall - speed limit is 20 mph
- Police detail is on site for assistance
Night work is being conducted to assist local businesses maintain customer access. Some street parking may be closed during daytime work hours. Pedestrian access to businesses will be maintained. If you need assistance accessing a business, please ask a police officer or ground crew member.
NO PARKING signs will be posted 24-hours in advance of road work. Barrels will be placed in the spaces that will not be available for parking. We ask that you take notice of these signs and refrain from parking in these areas during the posted hours. If the barrels are placed up on the sidewalk, then parking is allowed in the space.
Signs indicating alternative parking areas will be posted.
Follow Progress and Get Updates
Construction updates, detours, and potential schedule changes will be posted on the project web page at www.weston.org/TownCenter and will be issued through this dedicated project email/text service.
You may subscribe to receive these email/text notifications of construction activities on the “Town Center Construction Project” under "News Flash" at www.weston.org/StayInformed.
Please consider sharing this email and information.
Questions/Comments about this notice may be sent to email@example.com