Construction Update - Sept. 2nd
Access to Town Center businesses is supported and monitored, as "Businesses are Open" is a critical directive given to the project team by the planning committee.DRIVE SLOWLY & follow road signs
There are two construction crews working in the area -
There are three construction crews working in the area. Weston Public Schools open on September 3rd. Traffic priorities are given to emergency vehicles and school buses crossing through the area.
- Crew 1:
- Will be continuing utility manhole work from Town House Road to Concord Road
- There will be some parking disruptions within this area. Look for signs indicating available parking areas. If you need assistance to a business, ask a police officer or ground crew member (see below for parking info).
- Crew 2:
- Will be at School Street to Town House Road continuing utility ductbank installation in Boston Post Road
- The detour around Town House Road for west-bound Post Road traffic will be in effect, when needed (see below for detour info). East-bound traffic needing to access Town House Road will be directed up Church Street. Follow road signs.
- Crew 3
Police Detail is on site. Watch for road signs.
Town House Road Detour
The one-way direction of Town House Road is reversed during construction work hours (as needed) so crews can set utility manholes and ductbanks in Boston Post Road in the areas around the Town Green.
- Boston Post Road in the Town Green vicinity will accommodate vehicles heading east
- Vehicles heading west in this vicinity will be detoured up Church Street and directed onto Town House Road to access Boston Post Road (at Knox Park) west-bound
- Eastbound traffic needing to access Town House Road will be directed up Church Street
- The one-way direction change is during construction work hours only
- Town Hall is open
- Watch for posted signs indicating "one-way" and "detour"
- DRIVE SLOWLY - watch for signs, cars, and children accessing the playground
- Police detail is on site for assistance
Anticipated Work & Hours
Work will begin at 7:00 a.m. and generally conclude around 3:00 p.m., though some days may go a bit longer.
Refer to the "Three-week Look Ahead" document below for anticipated upcoming work. This document is updated weekly.
For insight into work during the month of August, refer to the "Anticipated Work Activity" documents. As with all construction work, activities are anticipated as unexpected issues (like ledge removal) can arise and delay progress.
As work continues in Boston Post Road, some street parking will be closed during work hours. Pedestrian access to businesses will be maintained since work is "between the curbs." If you need assistance accessing a business, please ask a police officer or ground crew member.
NO PARKING signs will be posted 24-hours in advance of road work. Barrels will be placed in the spaces that will not be available for parking. We ask that you take notice of these signs and refrain from parking in these areas during the posted hours. If the barrels are placed up on the sidewalk, then parking is allowed in the space.
Signs indicating alternative parking areas will be posted.
Follow Progress and Get Updates
Construction updates, detours, and potential schedule changes will be posted on the project web page at www.weston.org/TownCenter and will be issued through this dedicated project listserv.
You may subscribe to receive these email/text notifications of construction activities on the “Town Center Construction Project” under "News Flash" at www.weston.org/StayInformed.
Please consider sharing this email and information.
Questions/Comments about this notice may be sent to email@example.com