Construction Update - July 22nd
- Drainage work will continue this week from the Town Green, heading west towards 483 Boston Post Road
- Service crews will also be on site (from Town House Road to School Street) with water service work
- Tree trimming is anticipated to begin this week with a site review. The project's landscape architect will be on site during this process to ensure the health of the trees is protected
- Work will begin at 7:00 a.m. and generally conclude around 3:00 p.m., though some days may go a bit longer.
- The Post Road will have two lanes open for traffic and police detail will be on site at all times to assist people into businesses and in and out of residences
- If you need to leave a blocked driveway, please speak to a member of the ground crew for assistance
- At times, when work dictates, detours may be adjusted. Watch for posted signs in the vicinity
- Access to homes and businesses will always be maintained
Coming: Town House Road Detour
In looking ahead to the week of July 29th, the one-way direction of Town House Road will be temporarily reversed during construction work hours as crews set utility manholes in Boston Post Road in front of the Town Green.
- Boston Post Road in the Town Green vicinity will accommodate vehicles heading east
- Vehicles heading west in this vicinity will be detoured up Church Street and directed onto Town House Road to access Boston Post Road west-bound
- The one-way direction change will be during construction work hours only
- Police detail will be on site
Refer to the "Three-week Look Ahead" document below for anticipated upcoming work. This document is updated weekly. For insight into work through August, refer to the "Anticipated Work Activity" documents. As with all construction work, activities are anticipated as unexpected issues can arise and delay progress.
ParkingAs work continues down Boston Post Road, street parking will be closed during work hours. Pedestrian access to businesses will be maintained since work is "between the curbs." NO PARKING signs will be posted 24-hours in advance of road work. We ask that you take notice of these signs and to refrain from parking in these areas during the posted hours.
Tree protection has been installed around the trees located in the planned construction area.
The Planning Board held a public hearing
on July 10th to discuss the removal of two trees
on Boston Post Road (a designated Scenic Road). This hearing has been continued to July 24th at 7:00 p.m.
Follow Progress and Get Updates
Construction updates, detours, and potential schedule changes will be posted on the project web page at www.weston.org/TownCenter and will be issued through a dedicated project listserv.
You may subscribe to receive these email/text notifications of construction activities on the “Town Center Construction Project” under "News Flash" at www.weston.org/StayInformed.
Please consider sharing this email and information.
Questions/Comments about this notice may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org