A Warm Welcome & June Reflections
We are excited to have welcomed our new staff member, Chris Kjellson, LICSW, to our team as a part-time social worker.
Chris received her Masters in Social Work from Simmons School of Social Work 30+ years ago and has been working consistently in the field since. Her clinical background is diverse, and her focus on older adults has included time at McLean Hospital’s geriatric outpatient department, Assisted Living Facilities, and Skilled Nursing Facilities. She has supported older adults and their families with difficult end-of-life plans, dementia diagnoses, and transitioning out of family homes.
Along with welcoming a new staff member, we welcomed many COA and town groups to our patio to enjoy the warm weather!
- resident and environmental educator Nina Danforth led us on a Then and Now trail walk of Case Estates;
- yoga and mindfulness instructor Holly Glick debunked the "I can't Meditate" myth in an intro to mindfulness and began a 6-week guided meditation series;
- historian Richard Bell shed light on the history of Juneteenth, the first new federal holiday approved since Martin Luther King Jr. Day in 1983;
- a local guide provided a live tour as we traveled the streets of Amsterdam, and our Local and Global Discussion Group discussed the current situation in Myanmar;
- residents traveled to Castle Island and the A.R.T. to see 1776;
- members of our Project Linus Knitting Group received special recognition from the National President of Project Linus for generously knitting and donating 89 blankets to children in need.
A huge thank you to the PTO parents & familes for their generous donations towards our June grab and go, so called orange you glad it's summer, filled with orange and summer-themed goodies!