Run for Elected Office -
Take Out Nomination Papers Today
At Annual Town Caucus
on March 7, 2022 residents made their intentions known and nominated fellow residents for elected positions. The nominated residents were then voted on by the participants of the Town Caucus. The 2022 Annual Town Caucus Results
are available for review.All positions with the exception of one School Committee vacancy have Caucus nominee(s). The one School Committee vacancy is a three-year term.
The Annual Town Election will occur on May 7, 2022, from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at the Weston Town Hall Auditorium. All precincts will report to Weston Town Hall to vote.
The Annual Town Meeting will occur on May 9, 2022, at 7:00 p.m. at the Weston High School Auditorium & Gymnasium.
To Obtain Nomination Papers:
- Contact the Town Clerk to make an appointment at 781-786-5010
- Prospective candidates must obtain nomination papers from the Town Clerk by March 17th at 5:00 p.m.
- Residents obtaining papers must be registered to vote in Weston
- Signatures collected must be from registered voters in Weston
- The minimum number of signatures required is 50 (best practice is to get a few more than required)
- Nomination papers with signatures are due to the Town Clerk by March 21st at 5:00 p.m. in order to have your name appear on the ballot
Questions about the town election process should be addressed to the Town Clerk’s office at 781-786-5010.
Additional Information For Candidates
Candidates for elected office should keep records of any campaign donations received and funds spent on their campaigns if any. A campaign finance report must be filed with the Town Clerk according to the following schedule:
- 8 days before the election
- 30 days after the election
- At the end of the calendar year (due January 10 of the next year)
The Town Clerk's Office supplies the report forms at the appropriate times. The state office of Campaign and Political Finance
can provide further information. A list of offices is available at WestonMA.gov/TownElection. The incumbents are listed as a matter of public information without promise they are seeking re-election. The list will be updated as papers are submitted and certified.See also the Description of Elected Offices (PDF