2021 Roadway Reconstruction Program
The following roads are expected to be worked on this construction season. Also note the gas main work being completed by National Grid in the utility work section below:
- Ash Street - TBD, as sidewalk did not pass Town Meeting
- Kings Grant Road after drainage work is complete
- Newton Street - pending current drainage work
- Spring Road - Anticipate starting beginning of August
- Wellesley Street (milling)
- Ridgeway Road (milling)
- Linden Circle
- Stonecroft Road
- Winter Street (section)
- Hallett Hill Road
- Bittersweet Road - Anticipate starting beginning of August
- Hickory Road (gas work underway)
- Briar Lane
- Stony Brook Road
- Old Colony Road - complete gas work first
- Ferndale Road - complete gas work first
- Columbine Road - complete gas work first
- Dean Road - complete gas work first
- Chiltern Road
- Lantern Road - Anticipate starting beginning of August
- Old Coach Road - Anticipate starting beginning of August
- Longmeadow Road (water main replacement ongoing)
- Walnut Street (section)
- Crack sealing program for 2021
- Spruce Hill Road
- Bay State Road
- Buckskin Road & Whispering Lane - landscaping work ongoing. Hydroseeding and pavement marking next
Road Cutting After Paving Moratorium
Once paving is completed on any roadway in Weston, a five-year moratorium on pavement cutting is placed on that road. This is done to protect the investment made by taxpayers. A five-year schedule of anticipated roadway reconstruction
is available on the DPW's web page under Capital Improvement Projects.
Town Center Improvement Project
The overhead lines are gone and the last pole has been removed. The DPW Director is working with the utility companies to improve the look of some of the interfaces and approaches.
The bench installation continues within the new parks and the irrigation system is running, awaiting final inspection. All site furnishings should be finalized by mid-August, as well as hydro-seeding grass areas.
Curbing and sidewalk work continues, particularly in the 450-470 Boston Post Road block, which is anticipated to be completed by mid-August.
Final paving is anticipated by early September. This is weather and utility company dependent. Once that is complete, pavement marking and final signage will be installed.
Tentative Schedule for balance of work: 8/2 - 8/10
: Finish curbing and sidewalk work with exception of tight tank in Center Street area, form and pour 505 BPR stairs, loam work, hydroseeding, shim BPR by Walgreens area, Pave driveways at 505 & 450 BPR, install water fountain, set site furnishings, etc.8/18-9/2
: raise all frames and grates (Eversource and Verizon dependent), mill locations in preparation for final paving, etc.After Labor Day
: Final paving at night with exception of tight tank area on Center Street, striping and signage completion, etc.
Traffic Management Plans are modified daily to maximize available parking for the businesses.