Construction Update - September 28
Access to homes and businesses will always be maintained. Police Detail is on site. Follow signs for business parking or ask for help.
This week, the following work is expected:
NOTE NIGHT WORK
- Town Square work
- sidewalk installation
- planter curb
- granite, brick, and cobble paving
- Adjust frames and covers at Town House Rd, Church St and Brother's parking lot
- Installation of the irrigation mainline
- Install concrete base slabs in all locations
- Secondary and lighting cable pulls
- miscellaneous work at various locations
- surface paving is anticipated to start Oct. 4th for Town House Road, Church Street and Brother's parking lot. The work is anticipated to run two evenings.NOTE 4-WAY STOP INSTALLATION
(coming soon) - with traffic through the center remaining light, the Select Board has asked the project team to move forward with the installation of the 4-way stop configuration at Church Street, Boston Post Road and School Street (see image below) to help with familiarization of the new layout sooner rather than later. The final configuration will have parallel parking in the Church Street bank between the Town Green and First Parish Church and a right-hand only turn lane from Church Street. There is currently a utility pole that will need to be removed by the utility company for final completion.Construction is continuing under approved conditions, as outlined by the state
See the Three-week Look Ahead Schedule (PDF) for the anticipated upcoming schedule.
General visual depictions of the upcoming surface work can be found on the Project Summary and Project Views web pages. This also includes the historical context of the Town Green District.