SAVE THE DATES
Annual Town Election and Annual Town Meeting
These two events are annually held in May but were postponed due to uncertainty from the growing public health concerns surrounding the Coronavirus, as well as economic uncertainty that could impact the fiscal year 2021 operating budget. With more clarity and guidance from the state, the Select Board called for both to be held in September, after Labor Day weekend.
The Annual Town Election will be held on Thursday, September 10th; however, voters can request a Vote by Mail application to avoid in-person voting on the 10th. The deadline to submit the application is September 3rd by 5:00 p.m. For residents who want to cast their ballot on the day of the election, please note the following:
- if you are sick or under quarantine, you need to request a vote by mail or absentee ballot; please do not attend in person
- all precincts report to the Town Hall Auditorium
- a facial covering (e.g. mask, neck gaiter) is required
- expect longer than usual wait times, including the possibility of waiting outside, due to social distancing and other public health modifications to the polling space
- polls are open from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Annual Town Meeting will be held on Saturday, September 12th at 3:00 p.m. on Proctor Field at the Weston High School. The proceeding will be conducted outside. Special accommodations will be made to assist physically challenged voters needing to travel between the parking lot and the field. Details will be available in the Warrant and Budget Book, as well as future announcements. Residents who are sick or who are under quarantine are asked not to attend in the interest of public safety. Facial coverings will be required. If needed, the rain date is Sunday the 13th.
Residents who participate in either the Town Election or Town Meeting must be registered to vote in Weston. The deadline to register for both is August 31st.
For additional information on the Town Election, please visit Weston.org/TownElection. The Town Meeting warrant (agenda) will be posted shortly to Weston.org/TownMeeting (which will also be updated) and will be mailed to every household.