New for June- Curbside Pickup!
We are so very excited to announce a new service for June- contactless curbside pickup of materials.
For full details, visit https://www.westonlibrary.org/curbside, but here are the basics:
- Go to your Minuteman account and request items/place a hold on items that are currently available at Weston Public Library. To reserve items by phone, call 781-786-6165 for adult materials or 781-786-6166 materials. Leave a message with a phone number and a librarian will call to assist you.
- Staff will pull available items and call patrons when orders are ready for pickup. Pickups will need to be scheduled in advance. At this time, pickups will only occur on Fridays.
- To pick up your order, write the name for the pickup on a piece of paper and display this on your dashboard/window, where our staff can see. Pull into the circle during your pickup time. When the staff member approaches your vehicle with your items, pop/unlock your trunk. Please leave your windows rolled up and stay inside your vehicle.
Things to know:
- Please be patient as we work through this new process. This is new territory for us and this service may change and evolve as we learn how to best serve our patrons in this new way.
- Please only pull into the circle during your scheduled appointment window. No on demand orders can be taken at pickup time.
- Return items cannot be accepted on Fridays. Our book drop will be open for returns Saturday-Thursday, so please return items in a separate trip.
- We are operating with extremely limited staff and hours during the Town’s phased reopening. We apologize if wait times are longer than usual.
- Only items that are currently at WPL are available for pickup orders. Delivery from other Minuteman Libraries is not operational. Some items such as board books and puzzles are not available for curbside ordering.
- We can accommodate scheduled pickup orders only. If you miss your pickup appointment, we will call you to reschedule.
Not sure what to pick? Our Book Match service can help!
Just answer a few simple questions about what you like to read and we will choose up to 3 books for you for curbside pickup. Just click here to fill out a short form so we can get to know your reading tastes a little better. Alternately, you can call the Reference or Youth Services staff to get started.
**Please note that we have launched Virtual Book Match for eBook, digital audiobook, streaming video, and podcasts recommendations as well. For personalized digital recommendations, fill out this form.**
Our Mystery Book Group Has Gone Virtual
Calling all mystery fans- our ever-popular Mystery Book Group is going virtual! Whether you are a long time super sleuth or a newbie gumshoe, we would love too see you virtually Tuesday, June 16, 2:30PM. This month, we are reading The Stranger Diaries by Elly Griffiths.The book is available on Hoopla Digital at https://www.hoopladigital.com/title/13250027 and using the Hoopla App.
After reading the book, join us for a virtual book discussion using Zoom on June 16th, at 2:30 PM. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org to register (just so we know where to send the Zoom meeting link).