Construction Update - February 24th
During this month, crews will be finishing up the subsurface work and connections, as project management shifts focus to the upcoming road surface and layout work that is anticipated to begin in April.
Visual depictions of the upcoming surface work can be found on the Project Summary
and Project Views
web pages. This also includes the historical context of the Town Green District
See the Three-week Look Ahead Schedule (PDF)
for anticipated work areas. Traffic priorities are given to emergency vehicles and school buses crossing through the area.
- Crew 1: work at 426 BPR driveway and the Center Street parking lot (see photos below for areas)
- areas will be blocked off, look for "business parking" signs for available spots
- Crew 2: various locations along Boston Post Road
- completing the secondary utility ductbanks and handholds (underground work)
DRIVE SLOWLY & follow road signs
Access to homes and businesses will always be maintained. This is supported and monitored as "Businesses are Open" is a critical directive given to the project team by the planning committee. Ask for assistance if unsure. Police Detail is on site. Traffic priorities are given to emergency vehicles and school buses crossing through the area.
ParkingIf you require access to a business, please ask for assistance if access is unclear.
NO PARKING signs will be posted 24-hours in advance of road work. Barrels will be placed in the spaces that will not be available for parking. We ask that you take notice of these signs and refrain from parking in these areas during the posted hours. If the barrels are placed up on the sidewalk, then parking is allowed in the space.
- Pedestrian access to businesses will be maintained.
- If you need assistance accessing a business, please ask a police officer or ground crew member.
- If crews are working in front or near a retail shop, please look for signs indicating alternative parking areas.
Anticipated Work & HoursDay work will begin at 7:00 a.m. and generally conclude around 3:00 p.m., though some days may go a bit longer. Anticipate site set up to occur prior to 7:00 a.m.Refer to the "Three-week Look Ahead" document below for anticipated upcoming work. This document is updated weekly. As with all construction work, activities are anticipated as unexpected issues can arise and delay progress.
The total subsurface work completed since June of 2019 follows:
- Substantial completion of drainage installation, including:
- 26 of 30 catch basins
- 19 of 20 drain manholes
- 5 of 5 water quality units
- 2,400 of 2,800 linear feet of drain pipe
- Substantial completion of water work installation, including:
- 22 of 22 water services relayed
- 400 feet of water main at Boston Post Road and Center Street
- Two water gate replacements at Church Street and Conant Road remain
- Electrical and telecommunication conduits in Church Street and Boston Post Road from School Street to Center Street installed
- 68 of 69 utility manholes installed, including:
- 28 of 29 Eversource
- 17 of 17 Verizon
- 21 of 21 Comcast
- 4 Town Fiber
- 17,350 of 17,700 linear feet of primary ductbank conduit installed, including:
- 3,300 of 3,500 feet of Eversource
- 5,350 of 5,400 feet of Verizon
- 4,250 of 4,300 feet of Comcast
- 4,450 of 4,500 feet of Town Fiber
- 24 of 105 utility handholes installed, including:
- 7 of 31 Eversource
- 8 of 38 Verizon
- 6 of 32 Comcast
- 3 of 4 Town Fiber
- 4,600 of 13,400 feet of secondary duct installed, including:
- 3,250 of 6,900 feet Eversource
- 450 of 3,400 feet of Verizon
- 750 of 2,800 feet Comcast
- 150 of 300 feet Town Fiber
Follow Progress and Get Updates
Construction updates, detours, potential schedule changes, and progress will be posted on the project web page at www.weston.org/TownCenter and will be issued through this dedicated project email/text service.
You may subscribe to receive these email/text notifications of construction activities on the “Town Center Construction Project” under "News Flash" at www.weston.org/StayInformed.
Construction progress photos are posted online.
Please consider sharing this email and information.
Questions/Comments about this notice may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org