Town Meeting & Election
Weston's Town Government is conducted in an Open Town Meeting, Board of Selectmen, and Town Manager form. Town Meeting is the legislative body where all spending and changes to the Town's General and Zoning by-laws must be approved. Town Meeting is conducted by the elected Moderator. Any citizen of Weston who is a registered voter may participate in Town Meeting.
Annual Town Meeting and Special Town Meeting
The required Annual Town Meeting is normally held on the first or second Monday in May and is called to order at 7:00 p.m. in the Weston High School auditorium, 444 Wellesley Street. Additional sessions, if needed, are typically held the following Wednesday and then Monday the following week.
A Town Meeting scheduled during another time of the year is called a Special Town Meeting. The Board of Selectmen may call a Special Town Meeting at any time during the year, as necessary. Weston annually holds a fall Special Town Meeting the Tuesday after Thanksgiving.
Upcoming Town Meeting & Town Election Dates
- Special Town Meeting - Tuesday, December 3, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. in the Weston High School Auditorium
- Town Manager's FY21 Proposed Budget - Tuesday, January 21, 2020 at Town Hall
- Superintendent's FY21 Proposed School Budget Public Hearings - January 27 and 29, 2020
- Town Caucus - where candidates are nominated for elected Town office - Tuesday, March 10, 2020 (snow date March 11) at 7:00 p.m. in the Weston Public Library
- Annual Town Election - Saturday, May 9, 2020 from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., all precincts report to the Town Hall Auditorium
- Annual Town Meeting - Monday, May 11, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. in the Weston High School Auditorium. 2nd night, if needed, Wednesday, May 13th