The Fire Prevention division of the Weston Fire Department is responsible for the coordination of all code compliance and plan and technical review activities for our department.
Fire Prevention Officer
The Fire Prevention Officer leads our efforts in fire prevention and code enforcement activities. The Fire Prevention Office performs all technical inspections and plan review for building construction and renovations. The Officer works closely with the Building Department to jointly enforce fire protection regulations.
All our firefighters and officers perform basic code enforcement activities in addition to their fire suppression, rescue and emergency medical service duties. Some of the various fire prevention and code enforcement activities of our department include:
- Inspection of all work relevant to the storage of fuel oil, gasoline and other flammable and combustible liquids
- Inspection of residential smoke detectors and carbon monoxide alarms
- Quarterly fire drills and fire inspections of all public and private schools
- Quarterly inspections and fire safety reviews of all nursing homes and assisted living facilities
- Quarterly inspections of all commercial business and public buildings
- Review and approval of all fire protection systems, including:
- Fire detection
- Fire sprinklers
- Fixed fire suppression systems
- Portable fire suppression systems
- Review of all plans for commercial or residential construction or renovation