The Fire Department is responsible for the protection of lives and property from disasters both man made and natural. They accomplish this through fire prevention, education, and suppression. Additional responsibilities include the town’s basic life support ambulance and emergency management. The fire chief is also responsible for emergency management planning.
The department responds to approximately 2,500 calls for service annually, of which 1,000 are ambulance related.
Smoke Detector Inspections
If you are selling your home, you will need a certificate of compliance that shows your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms meet the requirements for a sale or transfer. The Mass. Department of Fire Safety has a resource guide on Preparing Your Home for Smoke & CO Alarm Inspections.
For scheduling residential smoke detector inspections, call between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday to Friday.
Please note the Board of Fire Prevention Regulations adopted revised smoke alarm regulations that go into effect on Dec. 1, 2016. The changes apply to one- and two-family residences built before Jan. 1, 1975 that have not been substantially altered.
Home Safety Checks
Weston Fire Department, in partnership with the Weston Council on Aging, is offering home safety checks for residents. These checks include, but are not limited to:
- smoke and carbon monoxide alarms
- cooking, smoking, heating, and electrical safety
- escape plans
- I am interested in a fire safety presentation for my group, how do I arrange one?
- When should I call 911?
- When I call 911 for an ambulance, why does a fire engine show up?
- What should I do if my smoke detector goes off in the middle of the night?
- Why does the Fire Department break windows or cut holes in the roof during a fire, it seems they are causing more damage?
- How do I get a copy of a fire report?
- What to do after a house fire?
- How can I get a tour of the fire station?
- Is open burning allowed in Weston?
- How big is your service area?
- How many stations do you have?
- What should I know about blasting?
- How do I get plans reviewed?
- I am selling my house and need a smoke detector certificate. How do I arrange for an inspection?
- I would like to have my blood pressure taken. How do I go about getting it taken?
- Who should I contact with questions about my ambulance bill?