Transfer Station Information
Residents may take their household recycling and solid waste to the Town's Transfer Station, located off of Church Street (address and hours are to the right).
A permit is required for entry and may be obtained through the mail
or in person at Town Hall. Permits must be renewed annually by September 30th and can be renewed online as an added option. Only Weston residents may use the Town's Transfer Station and no commercial waste is allowed.
The permit application and additional information about the facility can be found below, including a comprehensive list of everything that is accepted for recycling.
Reducing household tonnage is a primary goal for the Town of Weston, not just to reduce operational costs but also to the benefit of the environment.
Residents can recycle the following at the Town's Transfer Station:
- All metals
- Brush, leaves, grass, and other yard trimmings
- Cardboard (non-waxed, clean, even pizza boxes)
- Deposit containers for soda/beer (aluminum, glass, plastic)
- Electronic components (cords, remotes, accessories, screens)
- Glass containers (and lids)
- Printer ink cartridges (not toner)
- Mixed paper (junk mail, magazines)
- Plastic (no film or wraps)
- Shoes and textiles (good and bad condition)
- Tin/aluminum cans
- Mercury-containing items (i.e. CFL light bulbs, button batteries, thermostats)
Learn more about how you can throw away less, which helps you and helps the environment.
Donation and Bulk Collection Areas
To further assist residents with keeping certain items out of the solid waste stream, the following collection areas are provided at the Transfer Station:
- Books, bicycles, textiles, clothing and household goods for various non-profits can be left at the corresponding donation areas
- Televisions, computer monitors, and other electronic/computer components, as well as fluorescent light bulbs and batteries (as mandated by the Department of Environmental Protection)
- Scrap wood, such as broken furniture, doors or cabinets
- Bulk plastic, such as a broken plastic tub
- Scrap metal, such as an old grill, fencing or appliances
Bulky Waste Charges
Coming May 2021, the Transfer Station will start charging for bulk waste items. Items may be paid for at the Transfer Station or in advance of your trip (coming soon).
Some items can be broken down into recyclables, such as upholstered furniture (textiles and scrap metal) and many bulk items can be reused or repurposed rather than going into the trash. Learn more about donating bulk items.