AIC Advisory Board
The Town of Weston has an opening on the Art & Innovation Center (AIC) Advisory Board to be filled due to a recent resignation. This vacancy is filled by a vote of the remaining Advisory Board members and is subject to approval by the Library Director and the Board of Library Trustees. Advisory Board positions serve for three years and are renewable.
The AIC Advisory Board is made up of three to five people who may or may not be Town residents. The board generally meets a minimum of once per month, more often if needed, and is responsible for planning for future growth and development of the AIC through programming, coordination with other Town organizations, outreach to like-minded nonprofits, marketing and fundraising.
The Board benefits from a variety of skills and experience and especially seeks to add from the following professional areas to provide guidance and to connect the Board with a network of professional contacts:
- Direct involvement in or management of a makerspace/fabrication lab or an art education center;
- Development or fundraising;
- Town government or Town involvement e.g. in the schools, Permanent Building Committee, etc.;
- Continuing education in the arts or technology fields;
- Familiarity with modern fabrication hardware and software e.g. 3D printers, laser cutters, robotic devices, computerized sewing machines, etc.
If interested, please send a letter of interest with background information to Cecily Cassum, Chair, The Weston Art & Innovation Center, 356 Boston Post Road, Weston MA 02493 or email email@example.com by March 15, 2021.