The COA is offering a variety of onsite and virtual opportunities for learning, exercising, and socializing this fall. In-person programs will continue to return slowly as we move through the fall as it is safe to do so. We will continue to offer a variety of virtual programs in our robust line-up of offerings.
Check out What's Up at the Weston COA with Program & Volunteer Coordinator Kristen Frady for October highlights, including:
- The Restless Genius of Benjamin Franklin
- Legendary Singer Pavarotti
- Music of the Great Depression
- The Trial of George Jacobs Sr., “Witch”
- Mah Jongg Players Interest Group Meeting
- Matter of Balance balance program
- Coffee and Conversation
- Flu clinic
- Soft-baked pretzel grab-and-go
- Medicare Open Enrollment Info Session
- Coburn Meadow Trail Walk
- Rides to Wilson Farm and Natick Mall
Now that some of our programs are back in person, we’re using the MySeniorCenter (MSC) check-in service to sign in for programs. Please remember to bring your MSC key tag when you come to the COA. If you have misplaced yours, please ask for a new one at the front desk the next time you stop by.
We are working closely with Town Hall and the Board of Health to monitor the virus and provide a safe environment for everyone. We will provide updates via email and our website to notify residents of any changes made to the October calendar. Updates will be posted here:
- Local and Global Discussion Group meetings will be held on Zoom only in October.
- Line Dancing will remain on Zoom.
To receive updates on calendar and safety updates or changes, new programs, presentations, transportation, services, and town events, sign up for our e-newsletter in just a few easy steps by visiting Weston, MA and enter your email address. Locate Council on Aging News and click the envelope icon. You will be sent a confirmation email with a link to click to confirm your subscription.