Curbside and Browsing Appointments
As the Covid-19 situation and the state and town's reopening plans have evolved, we have had to change how many of our services operate, including needing to schedule visits to the library and offering contactless curbside pickup. For more information, see below.
For updates and information about COVID-19 from the Town of Weston, please visit Weston.org/Covid19. The town reminds residents that we can all do our part to help minimize the spread of this illness by taking the following steps:
- Social Distancing- maintain at minimum a 6-foot distance from someone outside your family and staying away from public gathering spaces, unless absolutely necessary
- Wash your hand hands and avoid touching your face- wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- Visit Weston.org/Health for additional information and facts on how the virus spreads, personal precautions you can take, and what is considered high and low risk
The library is very, very happy to announce that we have reopened for limited browsing and computer use appointments. We can’t wait to see you again, but using the Library will be very different. Here’s what to expect.
New library hours and scheduled visits
In order to plan for foot traffic and occupancy, patrons must book a 30 minute appointment to visit the library. Families with 4 members or fewer that will be browsing together only need to schedule one appointment. Families with more than 4, please book multiple appointments.
Monday 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM and 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Tuesday 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Wednesday 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Thursday 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM 60+ and underlying health conditions only, 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM normal browsing
Sunday 1@:00 PM - 5:00 PM
You will be able to:
- Browse and check out materials
- Ask librarians for help
- Use computers, copier, and scanner
You will be required to:
- Face coverings must be worn covering the nose and mouth while inside the library by all patrons over 2 years old.
- Please observe a six foot physical distance from others at all times.
- Schedule your appointment in advance
- Children 10 years and younger must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older and must be within arm's length at all times.
- Please stay behind the Plexiglas when interacting with staff.
- Please use hand sanitizer before handling items. Please look with your eyes as much as possible.
- Follow traffic flow signage inside
- Abide by any staff instructions regarding safety
You will not be able to:
- Attend in-person programs
- Use meeting rooms
- Use study rooms
- Play with toys
- Spend a prolonged period of time in the Library
Curbside Pickup Schedule
Monday-Thursday 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Friday 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Patrons can place holds on items using the library catalog, through the MLN app, or by phone at 781-786-6150 to place your orders over the phone.
Schedule your pickup
You will be notified via email or a phone call from staff (if there is no email address for your account) that you have items ready to be scheduled for pickup. If you have been notified by email, visit the curbside scheduling site or the link in your email to schedule an appointment for pickup.
Pick up your items
Please write the name for the pickup on a piece of paper and display this on your dashboard/window, where our staff can see. Pull into the circle during your pickup time. When the staff member approaches your vehicle with your items, pop your trunk or roll down a rear window. Walkers and cyclists should stand in the designated area.
Please only pull into the circle during your scheduled appointment window. No on demand orders can be taken.
- We are operating with extremely limited staff and hours during the Town’s phased reopening. We apologize if wait times are longer than usual.
- Some items such as board books and puzzles are not available for curbside ordering.
- Staff cannot provide additional last minute requests to orders or pull items on demand.
Per the direction of the Board of Health returned items will be quarantined for at least 3 days before being reshelved or loaned. The library is maintaining a rigorous cleaning and disinfecting routine, but Library cannot disinfect books and other materials that are borrowed or returned. For information about how COVID-19 may be spread, visit the CDC’s website at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/transmission.html. To read more about the Library's response to COVID-19/coronavirus,click here. Unfortunately, patrons cannot enter the library building at this time.
Need to return items?
We are now accepting returns for all Minuteman Library Network items. Our outdoor book drop is open.