Assessors' Office Updates
Monthly, the Assessors' Office updates all property ownership according to the recorded deed transactions, which we receive the following month from the Registry of Deeds. The office updates over 4,000 parcels in Weston, annually. Additionally, please refer to the Registry of Deeds website at the Mass. Land Records for Southern Middlesex for all recorded deeds and real estate transactions for both current records (even up to today) or as far back as the calendar year 1974.
Massachusetts Department of Revenue Mandate
The Massachusetts Department of Revenue (DOR) mandates that every municipality fully updates its property assessments each fiscal year to reflect the current fair market value. The updated property assessments are submitted to the DOR each fiscal year for its review and approval before Weston’s tax rate can be set by the Select Board. Every five years, the DOR audits the Board of Assessors' records and procedures for certification. The DOR’s last certification of the Board of Assessors' records and procedures was done in fiscal year 2019.
Assessors' Office Responsibilities
In addition to the real property valuations, the Assessors’ Office maintains records on the taxable personal property and motor vehicles excise tax files. All applications for deferrals, personal exemptions, community preservation exemptions, and abatement requests for real property, personal property, and motor vehicle excise taxes can be obtained from and must be filed with the Assessors’ Office.
Fiscal Year Tax Rate
The fiscal year tax rate for 2020 is $12.83 for all properties. For more information, please visit the Tax Rate History page.
- Preliminary Fiscal Year 2021 Property Valuations (XLS)
- Preliminary Fiscal Year 2021 Property Valuations (PDF)
- Calendar Year 2019 Sales for Fiscal 2021 Assessments (PDF)
- FY 2021 Sample Town of Weston Property Valuation Assessment Notice (PDF)
- Fiscal Year 2021 Dear Weston Property Owner (PDF)
- Final Fiscal Year 2020 Property Valuation (PDF)
- Final Fiscal Year 2020 Property Valuations (XLS)
- Fiscal Year 2020 Tax Classification Report (PDF)