518 South Avenue
A local developer, working with the Hanover Company, has proposed a 200-unit rental project for the three parcels located at 510, 518 and 540 South Avenue. The development is proposed to be built on 4.5 acres within a total of 9.5 acres of land.
On March 19th, the following Project Eligibility application was submitted to MassHousing, with a copy to the Town. The Application is under review by MassHousing and is anticipated to give the town a 30-day period for Town officials to submit comments about the project. Once comments are submitted, MassHousing is anticipated to issue its Project Eligibility Letter, which allows the developer to file for a Comprehensive Permit through the Zoning Board of Appeals.
See further below on how to follow this project.
- PEL Application Cover
- PEL Application-Table of Contents
- Cover Letter to MassHousing
- MassHousing Application Checklist
- Comprehensive Permit Application_Rental
- 1.1 Location Map
- 1.2 Tax Map 1
- 1.2 Tax Map 2
- 1.2 Tax Map 3
- 1.2 Tax Map 4
- 1.3 Directions
- 2.1 Existing Conditions
- 2.2 Aerial Photos
- 2.3 Site Context Photos
- 2.4 FIRM
- 2.4 Historic Districts
- 2.4 Wetlands Delineation
- 3.1 Preliminary Site Layout
- 3.2 Preliminary Architectural Plans
- 3.3 Design Approach
- 3.4 Tabular Analysis of Existing Zoning
- 3.5 Completed Sustainable Development Princples
- 4.1 518 Deed
- 4.1 540 PSA
- 5.1 NEF Lender Letter of Interest
- 5.2 Rent Comps
- 6.1 Cube3 Qualifications
- 6.1 David Hall Bio
- 6.2 40B Experience
- 7.1 Project Meeting Schedule
- 7.2 Cover Letter to Town
- 7.3 Cover Letter to DHCD
- 7.4 7.5 Fees to MassHousing
- Hanover Weston Presentation to Selectmen - March 26, 2019 (PDF)
- Hanover Weston Presentation to the Planning Board - April 10, 2019 (PDF)
- Nutter to PB re 200 unit revision 4.17.19
- Selectmen Comments to MassHousing Re: Hanover Weston 5.9.19 (PDF)
To Follow This Project
Interested residents may subscribe to receive email or text notification of when meetings, agendas, and minutes are posted online by visiting Weston.org/StayInformed. Boards/Committees to follow include the Board of Selectmen, Planning Board, and Zoning Board of Appeals.
The development team made the following presentation to the Board of Selectmen on March 26th. This was revised on April 17th to show 200 units.
And the following presentation to the Planning Board on April 10th. The letter from the development team's attorney is to clarify the size of the project is 200 units.
- Hanover Weston - Presentation to the Planning Board (PDF)
- Hanover Weston - project size clarification (PDF)
Town Committee Meetings
- Affordable Housing Trust - Jan. 30, 2019 and April 10, 2019
- School Committee - Feb. 28, 2019
- Conservation Commission - March 12, 2019
- Board of Selectmen - March 26, 2019
- Finance Committee - March 28, 2019
- Planning Board - April 10, 2019
- Traffic & Sidewalk Committee - April 24, 2019
The developer has also met with various Town departments and abutters. Check meeting agendas of these committees to confirm discussions.
The developer is proposing all rental units, which would help Weston meet its 10% affordable housing requirement (see 40B Introduction) and would help meet the housing needs and strategies identified in the Housing Production Plan.